Can't get past Database installation..... help please

OrangeHRM installation experiences

Moderator: Admin

Can't get past Database installation..... help please

Postby its.me.charlie » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:36 am

Can't get past Database installation. I'm using an shared host which means I have to create a database and user through their control panel. The installation wizard wants to create this for me which is not possible. How do I get around this problem?
its.me.charlie

Re: Can't get past Database installation..... help please

Postby koshika » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:46 pm

its.me.charlie wrote:Can't get past Database installation. I'm using an shared host which means I have to create a database and user through their control panel. The installation wizard wants to create this for me which is not possible. How do I get around this problem?

Hi,

Thanks for trying out OrangeHRM.

In your case, you will have to manually install OrangeHRM. I assume that you have already created the database. Now go into the directory (<orangehrm-dir>/lib/confs) and open file 'Conf.php-distribution' on any text editor and change fields;

$this->dbhost = '<DB server name or IP>';
$this->dbport = '<DB server port>';
$this->dbname = '<OrangeHRm database name as created>';
$this->dbuser = '<DB user name>';
$this->dbpass = '<DB password>';

and after that rename the file as 'Conf.php'. This should be enough to get you started.

The login credentails would be;

user-name: demo
password: demo

Hope this would get you going.

Regards,

Koshika Surasena
koshika

Login Invalid?????

Postby its.me.charlie » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:12 pm

Thanks for the very fast reply.

I followed your instructions. Used dbscript-1.sql & dbscript-2.sql. But now I get LOGIN INVALID when I use username "demo" & password "demo".
its.me.charlie

Re: Login Invalid?????

Postby koshika » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:37 pm

its.me.charlie wrote:Thanks for the very fast reply.

I followed your instructions. Used dbscript-1.sql & dbscript-2.sql. But now I get LOGIN INVALID when I use username "demo" & password "demo".

Hi again,

You have used the wrong database scripts. (dbscript-1.sql & dbscript-2.sql) are meant for web-installer and does not contain the dummy admin user. Use "dbscript.sql" instead which creates the user 'demo'.

I guess you ll have to drop the database and recreate it using 'dbscript.sql'. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Koshika Surasena
koshika

Now I get an error...

Postby its.me.charlie » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:02 pm

Thanks again for the even faster reply.

Now I get the following error.

Notice

Undefined index: REQUEST_URI

Technical Details
Encountered the problem in c:\Domains\xxxxx.co.za\wwwroot\hr\login.php Line 45
its.me.charlie

Re: Now I get an error...

Postby koshika » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:09 pm

its.me.charlie wrote:Thanks again for the even faster reply.

Now I get the following error.

Notice

Undefined index: REQUEST_URI

Technical Details
Encountered the problem in c:\Domains\xxxxx.co.za\wwwroot\hr\login.php Line 45

Hi again,

Sorry for the late response.

We couldn't reproduce this problem on our configurations. However it is evident from the file path you have sent, I assume that your shared host is using PHP in CGI Mode on IIS in Windows. The recommeded webserver for OrangeHRM is Apache and from the from small research I have done on the this specific error, I ran into countless other people who have complained on same error having same webserver configuration. (http://www.google.com/search?q=Undefined+index%3A+REQUEST_URI&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official)

If what i have assumed above is correct, then the most viable work around would be to put the following segment of code into top of the file 'login.php' after <? or <?php tags.

if (!isset($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']) && isset($_ENV['REQUEST_URI'])) {
$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = $_ENV['REQUEST_URI'];
}
if (!isset($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])) {
$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'].(isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'])?"?".$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']:"");
}

But this work around cannot be put into the OrangeHRM code and niether can I release a patch, since we are sticking to the recommended webserver (Apache) which would not have had this problem.

Koshika Surasena
koshika

a bit different problem

Postby rafael » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:42 pm

I made a manual installation. Created a database in a shared hosting with tables from dbscript.sql.
Lately I changed conf.php
and when finally I tried to login from login page by user:demo and pass:demo I got this error:Warning: error_log(domain/public_html/lib/logs/logDB.txt) [function.error-log]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in domain/domains/kalitelicv.net/public_html/lib/exception/ExceptionHandler.php on line 73

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at domain/public_html/lib/exception/ExceptionHandler.php:73) in /home/kalite/domains/kalitelicv.net/public_html/lib/exception/ExceptionHandler.php on line 93
Warning fopen (domain/public_html/lib/logs/logDB.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied domain/public_html
rafael

sorry ignore my last post

Postby rafael » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:48 pm

sorry ignore my last post my fault
rafael

Postby frogli » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:21 pm

Hi

I have done exactly as posted and now I get this

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /kunden/bohemian-communication.com/hosting/progli/hrm.progli.com/lib/dao/SQLQBuilder.php on line 1100

what went wrong?

>> I just noticed I had the wrong PHP version.

thanx anyway
frogli

Postby moraps » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:30 pm

I am getting these errors when I am login

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'sfCacheException' with message 'Failed to make cache directory "C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Lesotho Funeral Services\install\symfony\cache\orangehrm\prod\config" while generating cache for configuration file "config/config_handlers.yml".' in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Lesotho Funeral Services\install\symfony\lib\vendor\symfony\lib\config\sfConfigCache.class.php:340 Stack trace: #0 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Lesotho Funeral Services\install\symfony\lib\vendor\symfony\lib\config\sfConfigCache.class.php(110): sfConfigCache->writeCacheFile('config/config_h...', 'C:\inetpub\wwwr...', '<?php?// auto-g...') #1 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Lesotho Funeral Services\install\symfony\lib\vendor\symfony\lib\config\sfConfigCache.class.php(197): sfConfigCache->callHandler('config/config_h...', Array, 'C:\inetpub\wwwr...') #2 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Lesotho Funeral Services\install\symfony\lib\vendor\symfony\lib\config\sfConfigCache.class.php(279): sfConfigCache->checkConfig('config/config_h...') #3 C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Lesotho Funeral Services\i in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Lesotho Funeral Services\install\symfony\lib\vendor\symfony\lib\config\sfConfigCache.class.php on line 340
moraps

Postby lilianjie » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:15 pm

Can't get previous Data source set up. I'm using an distributed variety which indicates I have to make a database and customer through their cpanel. The set up expert wants to http://www.rsgoldfast.com/ make this for me which is not possible. How do I get http://www.fitwowgold.com/ around this problem?In your situation, you will have to personally set up OrangeHRM. I believe that you have already designed the database. Now go into the listing (<orangehrm-dir>/lib/confs) and start computer http://www.fifacoinfast.com/ file 'Conf.php-distribution' on any written text manager and modify fields;
lilianjie

Return to Setup