unable to login to OHRM OS on Mobile

Discuss Technical Queries about OrangeHRM
xpuser8334
unable to login to OHRM OS on Mobile

Post by xpuser8334 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:03 pm

Ver 4.6
Open Source Installation.
Over the last few days, I have been unable to have mobile devices connect to the instance of oHRM
I have:-
Copied the database in MySQL to a new database
Created a new HRM Folder and connected it to the database and upgraded to 4.8

Still unable to connect to the database.

I have a second installation that will work properly for another customer.
Could I have some assistance please?

kavitha

Re: unable to login to OHRM OS on Mobile

Post by kavitha » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:09 pm

We need to get a session and understand the issue?

Can you please send an email with a screenshot of the error you are receiving to ossupport@orangehrm.com?

Please include the following in the email
- Company name
- Mobile app error message screenshot.
Regards
Kavitha G

lambda

Post by lambda » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:07 pm

I am having the same issue with Orange HRM 4.8 Open Source. If I enter incorrect credentials on mobile app, it gives me the error saying "Invalid credentials" which shows that it is going to the server for authentication. But when I enter correct credentials, I am getting an error saying "Please contact System Administrator (Mobile app is not allowed to access the user API). See attached screenshot from mobile.

Please help.
Screenshot_20210424-230628_OrangeHRM Open Source.jpg
Screenshot_20210424-230628_OrangeHRM Open Source.jpg (84.79KiB)Viewed 24865 times

kavitha

Post by kavitha » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:46 am

Hi

Please contact orangehrm support via ossupport@orangehrm.com with the results of the following.

Execute the cURL commands on a local computer terminal and send us the output of commands.

Test cURL script: (Replace specific parameters which are in <user_name_for_orangehrm>, <password>, <access_token from above request's response>, <instance url (e.g. https://example.orangehrm.com> )

curl --location --request POST '<instance url (e.g. https://example.orangehrm.com>/symfony/web/index.php/oauth/issueToken' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--header 'Accept: application/json' \
--data-raw '{
"grant_type":"password",
"client_id":"orangehrm_mobile_app",
"client_secret":"",
"username":"<user_name_for_orangehrm>",
"password":"<password>",
"scope":"user"
}'

curl --location -v --request GET '<instance url (e.g. https://example.orangehrm.com>/symfony/web/index.php/api/v1/myinfo?withPhoto=true' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer <access_token from above request's response>'

Some other points;
If you are using self sign certificates, you need to install those SSL certificates on your mobile.
If it's possible, can you check server logs and send them as well (remove sensitive data if exist before sending logs)
Also can you provide more details about the web server (Apache? IIS?, Version?, etc)
Regards
Kavitha G

xpuser8334

Post by xpuser8334 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:41 pm

HI,
My Issue was due to an apache server change which my WebSpace provider neglected to inform me about, and denied any changes.
the Website was hosted elsewhere to the database. the website wouldnt proxy the connection to the database - so I moved the entire site and DNS to the same provider as the MySQL database provider - and all seems well.