How to make GAuth 2.0 work with OrangeHRMS 4.3.4

Discuss Technical Queries about OrangeHRM
vivek.khare

How to make GAuth 2.0 work with OrangeHRMS 4.3.4

Post by vivek.khare » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:56 am

Hi,

I have deployed OrangeHRM 4.3.4 on CentOS and trying to integrate Google Auth 2.0 with it but failing.
I can see OpenID & Google+ under Admin-->Configure Social Media Authentication while Google+ is deprecated 1 year back.
I still entered possible details like Redirect Url, Client ID, Client Secret & Developer Key (Though Google Auth does not have Developer key option for GAuth 2.0, it was in Google+)

Now when I see the login screen and select Google Authentication, it keeps redirecting me to login page only.
I need help to authenticate users through Google Auth 2.0, please help

Best,
Vivek
Best,
Vivek

damithk

Re: How to make GAuth 2.0 work with OrangeHRMS 4.3.4

Post by damithk » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:03 pm

Hi Vivek,

I am not sure what are you referring to 'GAuth 2'. Couldn't find any resources on that.
Anyway OrangeHRM product has done some changes related to G+ Authentication in version 4.3.1
As you are already have version 4.3.4, those changes are included in your instance.

Regards,
Damith

vivek.khare

Re: How to make GAuth 2.0 work with OrangeHRMS 4.3.4

Post by vivek.khare » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:30 am

Hi Damith,

G+ Authentication is deprecated by Google last year itself and now only Google Authentication (also known as GAuth 2.0) is available while OrangeHRM option (Admin-->Configure Social Media Authentication) is showing only G+ authentication problem.
Can you help me integrate OrangeHRM with Google Authentication.

Best,
Vivek
Best,
Vivek